Marriott Informations Systems Supervisor in Armenia, Armenia
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems or issues related to computer software and systems. Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve business problems. Analyze, recommend, and implement process improvements. Enter commands and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment. Troubleshoot, modify, support, manage, and maintain applications programs and user accounts. Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities. Train or instruct users in the proper use of hardware or software. Manage and coordinate planning, design, operations, maintenance, and resource allocation of telecommunications activities, including client/server support and strategic and tactical planning. Consult with and advise others on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods related to telecommunications. Contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support the property and technology Information Resources objectives. Position is responsible to the property for all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. To supervise property systems technicians and interfaces with vendors, owners, Executive Committee and property staff.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Follow all company policies and procedures; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Visually verify information. Enter and locate information using computers/Point of Sale (POS) systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language. Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
Verifies employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Provides information to co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
- Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems or issues related to computer software and systems.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve business problems.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement process improvements
Computer Hardware and Software
- Enter commands and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment (e.g., printers) to integrate and operate equipment.
- Troubleshoot, modify, support, and maintain applications programs.
Personal Computer Support
- Manage user accounts, including set up, removal, and resetting passwords in order to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Train or instruct users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Manage and coordinate planning, design, operations, maintenance, and resource allocation of telecommunications activities, including client/server support and strategic and tactical planning.
- Consult with others on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods related to telecommunications.
- Advise others on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods related to telecommunications.
Ensuring Client Technology needs are met
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Monitors, verifies and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
- Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
- Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
- Inspects and verifies the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
- Verifies that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
- Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
- Verifies solutions are consistent with the client's needs and brand specific IR environment.
- Administers and maintains mail and email.
- Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
- Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
- Provides cable management support.
- Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user tips, alert users of system problems and inform staff of progress or status.
- Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
- Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and system performance.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Monitors processes and evaluating information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
- Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
- Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any property projects on schedule and according to specification.
- Verifies problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
- Verifies proper asset management.
- Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
- Verifies that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying IR Knowledge
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Provides technical expertise and support.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 17001J7V