Marriott Procurement Supervisor in Armenia, Armenia
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Procurement Supervisor is responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates and approves vendors list encompassing all categories.
JOB WORK ACTIVITIES
- Ensuring Report Delivery Deadlines- Submitting reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Communicating with F&B Supervisors, Executive Chef and Director of Finance- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to supervise, influence, and encourage others; contributes to sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Achieving/Exceeding Goals- Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, especially cost of food and cost of beverage itmes
- Demonstrating Knowledge- Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Interacting With Computers- Using computers and computer systems applicable in the property (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Generating and Delivering Accurate and Timely Results- Generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to propose the best solution to problems (in cooperation with Executive Chef, DF&B and DOF)
- Communicating Information Timely- Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Processing Information- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data (use the specific software applicable in the property)
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with RA laws, regulations, or standards.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Ensures compliance with all brand established systems and procedures.
- Ensures inspection of all deliveries to verify accuracy and quality of product.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards (both - Marriott International and RA).
- Implements and enforces all control procedures for hotel goods entering through the purchasing/receiving areas.
- Conducts inventories on a monthly basis - as of the last day of each month.
- Ensures staff is properly trained regarding procedures, sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures to achieve or exceed budgeted goals (cost segmentation)
- Demonstrates knowledge of cost segmentations, operating statements and puchasing relevant reports as needed to maintain financial management of the department
- Controls department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures accurate administration of all invoices and adheres to proper bookkeeping procedures.
- Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions etc.
- Ensures compliance with sanitary procedures.
- Supervises operations of Purchasing Department (storage procedures).
- Supervises activities of Receiving Clerk and Storemen. Receiving Clerk has the direct report to DOF.
- Prepares the Purchasing Orders (POs) in Accordance with the property LSOP on Procurement.
- Maintains operations by developing policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with local ( e.g. Health Department) regulations.
- Keeps departments informed by confirming and clarifying purchase orders or contracts.
- Assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control.
- 9 am 6 pm, 5 days / week, no regular days but mostly Monday to Friday
- pants, shirt, safety shoes, working gloves, thermometer, 30PointCheckList, Basics
- purchasing department, all corresponding stores incl. F&B Non Food stores
- all areas back of house with influence of deliveries
Sourcing and Ordering
- Approved goods from approved & selected vendors are utilized, based on Vendor list
- Vendors, both local & international, with better conditions (same specs/product/quality) must be either approved in written by International Procurement or authorized by GM and DOF.
- All local vendors are reviewed by an associate, independent from purchase (DOF or GM) for validity and reasonable pricing in relation to quality
- All new or extended contracts with local vendors are reviewed and approved in written by DOF or GM.
- Purchasing prices / base prices comparing multiple vendors are updated quarterly and used in F&B purchasing decisions (local vendors).
- Prices from local vendors are reviewed quarterly for competitiveness.
- Prices from local vendors are compared on a monthly basis with the RA Statistical reports on the Consumer Price Index.
- Financial threshold for local purchases is established by DOF/GM. Copy of approval is on file.
- Purchases exceeding the established threshold require a minimum of 3 bids. Bids are reviewed by an associate independent from purchasing department (1stExec. Chef / DF&B 2ndDOF/ GM).
- POs are backed up with the respective paperwork & approved according to threshold & LSOP
- Leveraging opportunities among Marriott properties are continuously investigated and implemented.
- Updated Vendor lists are available and Procurement memos are properly filed and backdated for min. 2 years.
- Business Conduct Guide is signed by all purchasing associates (copy on file at DOF) and copy of CP-20 is on file.
- Vendor pricelists, PO's, contracts and other confidential information are kept safe so only responsible persons can access them.
- All deliveries (quantity & price) are checked and signed against order by Receiving Clerk.
- All perishables are spot checked upon arrival for quality, temperatures, quantity and packaging and a log is in place for the last month.
- Food has to be especially checked for possible cross-contamination and temperature abuse (in co-operation with Executive Chef).
- A scale is used to verify items purchased by weight (net weight only). Food should weighed net (without any packaging material).
- Only items they are meets the quality specifications are accepted when delivered. Receiving Clerk is aware of quality specifications and vendors return procedures.
- Discrepancies are brought to the vendor s attention immediately and must be traceable.
- A system for partial deliveries, returned goods and backorders is established, back up is available.
- Cleaning schedule for receiving area is posted and enforced.
- Do not allow vendors to stock or rotate items on to the shelves, except under strict supervision of responsible Hotel person.
- All the food and beverage items are received into the Store based on the Invoices as per the RA Tax Laws requirements.
- Storekeeper enters deliveries into the computer system or log on a daily basis.
- Restrict and control access to all storage areas at all times.
- Only goods with date of delivery, RA or EU (depending on the product origin) standard labelled information and with expiration dates are allowed to put into storage.
- Partial inventory & expiration dates are spot checked daily and a log is put in place for the last 14 days (see also 30 Point Check List)
- Lock all storage areas when unattended and have checked by night security/ night auditor during off hours.
- A list of persons with keys to all storerooms is available.
- Access to the stipulated control system is available (i.e. key log).
- HACCP/ BRC manual are available.
- Refrigeration and freezer equipment are monitored according to HACCP/ BRC regulations and logged.
- Very special & extreme expensive F&B products are stored separately (e.g. Kaviar)
- Stock pars are established/ re-ordering system is established.
- Store for chemicals and cleaning supplies are separated in special stipulated store rooms (away from kitchen equipment, utensils and F&B items).
- Raw meat, poultry, fish and shell eggs are stored away from ready to eat products (HACCP/ BRC regulations).
- Cleaning schedule for all food/beverage storage areas is posted and enforced.
- Pest Control is taken seriously and log is available on Technical Department
- Store food only according to health and safety standards (HACCP/ BRC regulations).
- Glass containers are always stored on the lowest shelf.
- Store all food items 15cm (6") off floor and 30cm (12") from the ceiling.
- First in - first out system (FIFO) is in place. Proper coding system is established for all stored products.
- Storage is in accordance with stock inventory list and Par stock list
- Issues are done only against requisition form and administrated immediately into stock control.
- Time schedule for issues is established
- Procedure for store returned items is established.
- The Red Sticker-system or similar system for associates is established.
Store Items Control
- All posted F&B outlets pars match with pars on controller's list (including minibar and minibar trolleys).
- Empty returnable bottles should be orderly stored and a tracking system is available.
- Non-removable colour coded bottle stickers are in use (Bar Liqueurs)
- Remove all non-returnable empty bottles promptly at the end of each shift.
- Inventory is conducted on a monthly basis as of the last working day of the months.
- Inventory differences are analyzed reported to DOF and followed up in written immediately.
- Inventories are approved by DOF and DF&B and signed accordingly.
- Signature and name of associate, who is receiving goods appears on delivery note.
- Daily logs verified by DF&B are forwarded to Accounting the log consist of Requisition Forms, Invoices per received goods and daily Armsoft Entries evidencing the system compliance with the actual goods purchased and delivered to the Store.
- DF&B countersigns all invoices before forwarding to Accounting. Back-up is attached and invoices are checked for accuracy.
- Administrations of all invoices are processed according to LSOP. Copy of LSOP is available with storekeeper/purchaser.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 17001J86