Marriott Franchised General Manager in Athens, Georgia
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via online : https://wearemckibbon.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=42
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, McKibbon Hotel Management, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel General Manager?
As a key member of the property leadership team, the General Manager is accountable for the total operation of the property. Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Operations, the General Manager will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its business goals. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made McKibbon Hospitality their career home.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the hotel, ensuring that guest and associate satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
- You will be responsible for assisting with the overall performance of the property's operations, including (but not limited to) P&L, guest satisfaction, brand quality assurance, budget, and labor.
- You will train fellow associates as it relates to brand and company standards to maximize revenue and reinforce superior service culture.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will inspect and oversee that safety and security standards are being maintained.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will work closely with corporate teams in Human Resources, Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales, and Leadership to ensure that property and company goals are being achieved.
- You will act as the face of the property by being actively involved in the local community.
- Associates/Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years' minimum experience as a hotel general manager
- Experience working at a hotel establishment
- Experience with major hotel brands like Marriott, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
- The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service
- Knowledge of local and state compliance laws
- A proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding profit &loss statements, and cost controls
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop the leadership qualities of all staff
- Maintaining positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients
- Implementing McKibbon procedures as they relate to cost control and inventory management
- Ensuring that hotel policies and brand standards are consistently followed
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Property Leadership
Organization: Courtyard by Marriott
Requisition ID: 170027NZ