Marriott Manager, EEO & Compliance (OFCCP compliance focus) in Bethesda, Maryland
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The HR Compliance Manager will advise and assist Company (property and corporate management) with implementation of Affirmative Action Programs to ensure Company compliance with equal employment opportunity regulations. This position is also responsible with ensuring Company compliance with required federal, state and local employment related notices/postings, as well as consultation regarding human resource compliance trainings.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Work with team members, properties and external vendor to ensure the collection and analyses of appropriate data in to prepare affirmative action plans and submissions to OFCCP.
- Ensure that all annual and mid-year Action Plans are reviewed, tracked and communicated to the Regional HR leaders.
- Coordinate the development of Affirmative Action Plans for new business lines and new properties.
- Prepare OFCCP desk audit submissions and coordinate the process with designated property Human Resource representatives.
- Ability to analyze and refine data as necessary to prepare responses to OFCCP audit inquiries.
- Prepare responses to state and or other surveys related to Company EEO/AA efforts.
- Prepares communications regarding employment related notices (local, state and federal)
- Consults the business on human resources compliance training (e.g., harassment prevention)
- All other duties and special projects as assigned.
Specific Candidate Profile (the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
Education and Experience
College degree and at least 3 years demonstrated experience working in AA/OFCCP compliance
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- Excellent judgment and use of discretion with confidential information.
- Displays initiative
- Ability to prioritize actions and projects efficiently and reorganize effectively.
- Demonstrates decisive leadership ability and display leadership qualities in a group environment.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of computers including: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Able to travel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Human Resources
Requisition ID: 1700251S