Marriott Mgr- Marketing and Communications Design Support in Bethesda, Maryland
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the marketing team you will contribute your unique knowledge and skill in communications, storytelling and creativity to support Global Design Strategies team and Global Design s business objectives. You will work with very limited supervision because you are well versed in producing and developing complex materials for use by executives and other disciplines. You use what you know to get things done and in ways that impress even the most finicky audiences.
You are an individual contributor and work in support of Global Design Strategies in meeting the specific objectives of the division. You will establish marketing programs within the Global Designdivisionin support of team and/or department using creativity and understanding of the requirements in front of you. Your work is generally project oriented and time sensitive so your mastery of organization is required. It is anticipated you understand the hospitality industry, and will bring that knowledge to bear.
You will be responsible for marketing and communication efforts for a sophisticated audience of senior executives, global officers, continental and brand leads, designers, architects, and other senior audiences.You will work to develop original content, and analyze and use new and existing marketing channels to share design knowledge both internally and externally. This position requires skills in the areas of creativity, effective writing, storytelling, video and sound editing, photography, promotional materials, and other digital platforms.
- Establish budgets, and manage busy and fast paced project both large and small, and business processes simultaneously with little to no supervision.
- Conceptualize and develop marketing tools for use by Global Design.
- Understand Global Design goals in order to identify and build y marketing strategies and satisfy marketing communication needs.
- Drive and assume primary responsibility for the implementation and on-going management of design platforms (including digital and video) and content that drive perceptions of Global Design as leading design. Responsibilities will include strategic development and alignment, oversight of asset development, and management of cross-functional teams.
- Apply critical thinking in researching, analyzing, writing tasks to produce materials of the appropriate caliber for multiple audiences and levels of understanding.
- Work independently in the creation of writing content for marketing including web, visual communications, general collateral, articles, and award submissions.
- Evaluation of platform analytics to identify trends and drive ongoing engagement.
- Provide information regarding the marketing effort details to date. Maintain a tracking and reporting system database for all marketing efforts.
- Meet independently with more senior stakeholders, taking a consultative/influencing approach in the development, creation and editing of presentation, collateral and other value added tools for multiple purposes for Global Design Executives including internal and external communications, marketing, and sales efforts.
- Evaluate competing marketing strategies and plan appropriate work product.
- Manage multiple marketing projects such as web development, collateral, public relations, photography and advertising. Ability to manage multiple projects and build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Oversee the development and implementation of large complex projects with multiple moving parts such as global web casts, development of new content and new mediums for Global Design teams to share with owners and franchisees with minimal to no guidance.
- Plan promotional content and marketing campaign for industry conferences. Represent Marriott to outside stakeholders.
- Maintain and grow relationships with internal partners; mine resources to produce value added tools for Global Design Strategies.
- Benchmark marketing against other companies and continue to grow resources available to Global Design Associates.
- Grow and manage photography library, marketing inventory and resources.
- Supervise outside resources, designers and other vendors in the creation of marketing and communication materials.
- Direct daily efforts of non-management associates.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
You are a leader by nature and build relationships with others in the organization easily. You are knowledgeable about the hospitality industry with a passion for design. You are curious by nature and use this to develop your craft and further business objectives. You have been in communications, the news industry, and/or a like-minded creative field for 5 years and have experience in producing noteworthy presentations for executives, working in different mediums, an understanding of social media, and mastery of all things digital. Excellent writing and organizational skills are a must.
- A creative nature and natural storytelling ability that takes a multiple of forms and effectively provides information to readers of diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to intellectualize information and use it to further the mission of becoming the world s favorite travel company.
- Highly effective written, verbal, video and sound communication skills; strong writing, editing and proofreading abilities.
- Proficiency in identifying customer needs; superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, budgets, and external resources from concept to product delivery using strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer relations skills ability to interface will all levels of management including top corporate executives and at multiple levels, and maintain relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with little to no supervision, making independent decisions based on good judgment and feedback.
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations demonstrating "grace under pressure".
- Creative with outstanding attention to detail.
- Poised, professional approach and demeanor with good judgment and use of discretion.
- Persistent self-starter with positive attitude and can-do mentality.
- Innovative thinker; ability to approach opportunities and issues and generate ideas that inspire new directions and exciting outcomes.
- Analytical; adept at distilling data and translating findings into innovative, executable, and operationally feasible solutions.
- Able to understand and adjust toambiguity, complexity, changing priorities, circumstances, and direction.
- Ability to manage large and complex projects with multiple moving parts.
- Problem solver who can provide strong direction to team members and external vendors.
- Pro-active with enthusiasm for work and learning new skills.
- Well-versed in the latest creative and MS Office software (including InDesign, After-Effects, Photoshop, Powerpoint) and knowledge in how to transfer skill to the benefit of the team.
- 4-year degree required, preferably with a focus in Marketing/Communications or English/Creative Writing
- 5 years experience in communications, news industry, and/or a like-minded creative field.
- Prior experience with content marketing and content development required.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Information Technology
Requisition ID: 17001WUW