Marriott Senior Program Specialist-Culture & Business Councils in Bethesda, Maryland
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
To experience Marriott s culture is to recognize the distinct values and philosophies that are the core of our Company, which has grown from a family business into a global enterprise. Marriott s culture is manifested through the Company s core values and cultural pillars, as demonstrated by Marriott s managers and associates, which ultimately translates into positive business results and Marriott s competitive advantage.
The Senior Program Specialist will provide support to the Global Officer, Marriott Culture & Business Councils as well as to the entire Culture & Business Councils team. This position will be responsible for supporting a variety of projects and initiatives related to promoting Marriott s culture with an emphasis on volunteerism, the Just Report It Tool, Marriott Worldwide Business Councils, and other administrative duties and special projects.
The position reports to the Senior Director, Culture & Business Councils.
The Senior Program Specialist will be responsible for:
Supporting the Senior Director, Culture & Business Councils and the Manager, Volunteerism in helping to implement and execute the plans for Marriott s traditional and skills-based volunteer programs.
Working with Headquarters-based volunteer team leaders, this position would coordinate a variety of community service projects, such as:
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day,
- Spirit To Serve Our Communities Day,
- Holiday Capital Area Food Bank and Toys For Tots Drive, and
Researching, recommending, and leading Quarterly Headquarters volunteer opportunities.
- Collecting metrics and analyzing results of volunteer activities to gauge impact and effectiveness.
- Supporting the Manager, Volunteerism with the ongoing administration of the Just Report It tool to include running of reports, distribution of communications, managing images, providing guidance on using the tool, and promoting usage of hotels/HQ disciplines to report their community engagement.
- Under the direction of staff members, review and update Culture, Volunteerism and Business Council information, such as:
- Culture and volunteerism information on the Company s intranet (Marriott Global Source MGS) by working with Internal Communications to update content as appropriate.
- Business Council materials including Outlook distribution lists, market profiles, Business Councils calendar, and on-boarding materials for new Business Councils.
- Presentations, PowerPoints, or other information as requested.
- Provide administrative support to the Global Officer, Marriott Culture & Business Councils including planning and scheduling travel arrangements, reserving hotel accommodations, processing expense reports, scheduling meetings, editing documents such presentations, agendas, memos, letters, spreadsheets, and other business documents. Assist in other administrative duties on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate, schedule, and prepare for Group and other general meetings, including scheduling conference rooms, preparing reports or agenda items, prior distribution of materials, room set-up, audio visual equipment set-up, conference line initiation, and food and beverage arrangements.
- Help support a variety of other projects, such as Innovation Days, on an as needed basis.
- Other project and duties as assigned by either the Global Officer, Marriott Culture & Business Councils, Senior Director, Culture & Business Councils, or the Director, Culture & Business Councils.
Successful candidates should possess the knowledge, skills, and experience as follows:
- Minimum of two (2) years business experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office demonstrated expertise in PowerPoint and visual presentations, photo selection, cropping and captioning, plus experience working with Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism; polished presence.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and follows through on tasks to completion.
- Ability to work well under pressure; anticipate, set and adapt to continually changing workload priorities; and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Detailed oriented with effective time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive, can-do attitude; professional demeanor; strong customer service orientation; good judgment and discretion; diligence, dependability, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and documents.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and participate in the logistics and management of special events and volunteer projects.
- Flexibility for overtime when needed.
Education: High school diploma required; bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Requisition ID: 17001WXZ