Marriott Systems Analyst in Bethesda, Maryland
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that s right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Marriott.
Providessupport for Marriott s HR applications primarily focused on 3rdparty hosted Contingent Workforce Management (Fieldglass) and RelocationServices (MoveTrack) applications. Manages enhancement requests for these complex applications includinggathering requirements, translating them into design documents, and workingwith 3rdparty vendors to execute, test, and implement. Enhancement requests could include changes toor creation of interfaces to Marriott s financial applications among otherapplications. Supports system upgradesand releases by understanding the impacts to the current environment and byregression testing to ensure changes do not negatively impact currentfunctionality. Provides 24X7 productionsupport. Provides vendor oversight onall aspects of implementations. Facilitatescontract/SOW reviews, manages the security review process and approvals andimplements single sign-on integrations. Production support activities include testing desktop software andbrowser upgrades, file transfer support, and application performance monitoring. Will coordinate/laisse with HR disciplinepartners, 3rdparty vendors and many iT departments including butnot limited to Security, Privacy, network teams, Global Network Operations, IDprovisioning, Exchange, TBM, and Automation Services.
Contributesspecialized knowledge and skill to work team. Resolves and makes decisions on routine service requests with limitedrisk. Performs research, analysis,design, creation and implementation of applications to meet current and futureuser requirements. Works with ServiceProviders to modify and maintain existing applications to address changes inbusiness processes. Ensures ServiceProviders achieve contracted service delivery outcomes. Collaborates across multiple projects withmultiple Service Providers for successfulcompletion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent experience/certification
- Minimum5-7 years experience in information technology application development
- Abilityto listen and understand business requirements, ask questions and translate therequirements into design documents
- Abilityto troubleshoot issues and follow through to a resolution
- Abilityto work independently, but know when to ask for help
- Verystrong attention to detail
- Provenability to support all aspects of large, complex applications with multiplestakeholders
- Provenability to manage multiple support request while working on time sensitive projectsand upgrades
- Experiencedeveloping test plans, test scripts, and managing unit, system, regression anduser acceptance testing
- Abilityto work with complex Excel spreadsheets
- Accountingbackground or experience working with Financial applications (General Ledger,Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting)
- Experienceworking in the real estate/relocation industry
- Experienceworking with time-keeping systems
- Experiencesupporting HR applications including Talent Acquisition, Contingent WorkforceManagement, Associate Engagement
- Productionsupport including on-call support
- Experienceworking in an out-sourced environment
- Abasic-level capability with SQL
- Experiencewith an SDLC
- Performsquantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes andprojects.
- Supportsexisting applications and projects in a minimum of one environment.
- Reviewscompleteness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Participateswith the Service Provider in planning and coordinating implementation,reviewing quality control of application functional design, usability, functionality,and implementation.
- Providesinput to support desk change management efforts as it relates to support andtraining of new system
- Followsthe defined development and business case processes
- Coordinateswith appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Providesconsultation for routine application development
- Ensuresearly warning to the leadership regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Followsall defined IR standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G,Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriateprocess owners as needed
- Maintainsa proper balance between business and operational risk
- Followsthe defined project management standards and processes
- Validatesthat Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan,including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Providesinput to plans to effectively utilize resources
- MonitorsService Provider outcomes
- Providesestimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers foraccuracy
- Facilitatestimely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact toclients
- Communication - Conveysinformation and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through avariety of methods.
- Leading Through Visionand Values - Keeps theorganization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision makingand action.
- Managing Change - Initiatesand/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, takingsteps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for howto handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressureor when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving andDecision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtainsand compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, developsand evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a courseof action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that conveyconfidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression andrepresents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Developsbusiness plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities withthe greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successfulpreparation and execution of business plans through effective planning,organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a SuccessfulTeam - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build acohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusingthe team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- StrategyExecution Ensures successful execution across of business plansdesigned to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market sharethrough effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for selfand/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses,and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops andsustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needsand actions consistent with the company s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supportsemployees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations,and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation,engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given theopportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Developscollaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners bymaking them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnershipopportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences andleverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders(e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieveobjectives; maintains effective external relations with government, businessand industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison betweenlocations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are receivedand corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports thedevelopment of other s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill currentor future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure ofassignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goalsof an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas forlearning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; usesnewly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through theirapplication.
Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in aspecific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations andgenerate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and applyappropriate technology to enhance business process
- DevelopmentMethodologies: Knowledgeof general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within thedevelopment space.
Information Security: Knowledge of the securityconsiderations relevant within the development space, including industry bestpractices related to information security
Business Acumen - Understandsand utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generateinnovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic workactivities.
Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers,word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract,multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solvework-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideaspresented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work relateddocuments.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs ofthe audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Information Technology
Requisition ID: 1700137N