Marriott MICE Sales Manager in Brussels, Belgium
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you re in the right place. You ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That s why we re not just looking for anyone. We re looking for someone like you.
The MICE Market Sales Manager is based in the Brussels Sales cluster and handles contacts with accounts in his segments and intermediaries focusing on account management (both new and existing accounts) in order to generate demand and maximize bedroom, events & catering revenue (e.g. meetings, product presentations, trainings etc.)
This role shall:
- Focus on generating demand from companies within the market segments, ensuring that business is handled with the cluster Events Booking Center department properly and in a timely fashion at the sales office with a solid follow up process in conjunction
- Proactively manage accounts and adding extra sales efforts in line with focus given by Director of Sales and Director of Sales and Marketing to improve business performance from those segments
- Achieve sales visit, telemarketing and re-solicitation call targets to ensure sales intensity and meet individual goals
- Achieve catering revenue goals by actively selling catering space to all accounts as part of Total Sales.
- Takes responsibility for the key source market with a view to developing in bound bedroom and meeting room demand with a particular focus on intermediaries liaising with the GSO where appropriate.
- High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required as well as French and/or Flemish.
Other important requirements:
- Availability to work unsocial hours and to be on site during the social events with the flexibility to be able to conduct business outside of standard office hours to support the requirements of the customer.
- Ability to be a self-starter but at the same time working closely with an off property cluster sales team to maximize efforts without overlapping in terms of responsibilities.
- Availability to travel when required to attend trade fairs and other events
- Experience of sales in the hospitality industry is required.
- Valid driving license
- Valid working permit for Belgium
Preferred skills and knowledge:
Key competencies & skills:
- Strong Commercial Skills
- Communication skills, speaks fluently English and French and/or Flemish
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills
- Professional and service minded
- Persuasiveness and conviction (can convince the client to close the deal)
- Considerable ability to listen effectively
- Flexibility related to job and working hours
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Renaissance Hotels
Requisition ID: 170027P4