Marriott Guest Services Agent in Calgary, Alberta
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit
- Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system
- Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
Skills and Experience Desired:
- High School education (or equivalent)
- 1 year of hotel, hospitality or customer service experience (face-to-face customer service experience is critical in this role)
TheBenefits of Working With Us:
- Comprehensive on the job training
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development
- Bonuses for achieving revenue goals
- Paid benefits and vacation entitlement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Incredible travel perks/discounts!!
Opportunities for career advancement and professional developmentBonuses for achieving revenue goalsPaid benefits and vacation entitlementTuition reimbursementIncredible travel perks/discounts!!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 170022PQ