Marriott Assistant Manager / Manager, Communications (JV project, 12-month contract) in China, China
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Assistant Manager / Manager, Communications is responsible for supporting an exciting key project for Marriott International. This includes supporting the Asia Pacific communications team to develop the overall communications strategy for both internal and external communications; executing, coordinating and optimizing all media activities across Asia Pacific, including working with US-based counterparts to successfully implement the strategy across the globe.
The primary goals of this position are to educate, build awareness and sustain momentum of the project through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities. The incumbent will work closely with the Asia Pacific leadership team and various internal stakeholders across Marriott International s functions to execute events, manage global and local announcements, and create other media opportunities with executives, customers and partners.
- Develop, plan, execute and manage the overall communications strategy both internal and external communications, to ensure consistent messages are pulled through
- Content development to feed multiple communication outlets (customer references, pitch writing, blogs, social etc.)
- Educate both internal and external stakeholders on the importance of the project, developing a regular cadence of updates
- Raise profile of project in the business, lifestyle and IT media, and maintaining regular exposure
- Oversee and coordinate global and local press releases
- Deal with enquiries from all media
- Organizing media events such as press conferences and executive visits
- Analyze and report media coverage
- Liaise with journalist, partners and customer to leverage all media opportunities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Strong stakeholder management experience; maturity to engage with senior management teams within the organization and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Attention to detail and a global perspective
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 - 4 years experience in Corporate PR at agency or in-house with strong emphasis in strategic planning and experience in social and digital media
- Bachelor s degree in journalism, marketing, languages or related filed from top university
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Public Relations & Communications
Requisition ID: 170022Y5