Marriott Franchised Business Development Sales Manager in Houston, Texas
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Pearl Hospitality is seeking a top-performing Sales Manager for our Business Development Sales Manager for our award winning luxury JW Marriott Houston Downtown. Do you consistently perform ahead of the norm and have a burning desire to succeed? If so, this will be the position for you.
The Business Development Sales Manager is responsible for uncovering, building and growing undeveloped business, accounts and markets within the property. This position will be required to research and develop target action plans on untapped business opportunities. The Business Development Sales Manager is also responsible for all activities that penetrate target accounts, markets and bookings once strategies are set into place. The Business Development Sales Manager will work closely with the sales team to communicate progress, next steps and leads for all market segments (Business Travel, Group and Catering).
- Identify new business by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements.
- Conduct solicitation calls, traces, follow ups and email communication
- Attention to historic property lost and turned down business
- Review and build action plans from reader board information / target market share to shift
- Required to communicate all marketing/promotional specials with targets accounts
- Build strategic business development plans quarterly/annually
- Report out progress, findings and potential leads with sales organization/team
- Meet and/or exceed monthly / annual sales activity
- Meet and/or exceed monthly / annual lead volume goals
- Attend daily Sales Meeting
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOPs
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market
- Analyze existing accounts to identify new points of contact to develop Total Account Management
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients exhibiting key features and benefits
- Fully utilize and implement the sales management system to manage all accounts and management of space
- Meet and greet onsite contract
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST)
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associates, activates and events
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 17001GK5