Marriott Franchised Director of Sales in Huntsville, Alabama
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Ascent Hospitality, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Ascent Hospitality is looking for the ideal Director of Sales candidate to lead the sales efforts at the Marriott Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. The right candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a Director of Sales (DOS) and a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, strong leadership skills and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that were looking for!
The Director of Sales is responsible for the overall revenue and market share results of the hotel while demonstrating great leadership. Implements strategies that support the positioning of the property. Partners with the General Manager and the corporate leadership to advise, guide and support on various sales functions and initiatives. Ensures financial and revenue goals are achieved and sales productivity benchmarks are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Marriott standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Ascent programs.
- Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Ascent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Ascent. Every associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associates supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an at will associate.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three or more years of experience working as a Director of Sales in a major brand.
- Marriott experience is an Absolute Requirement.
- Solid understanding of Catering Sales and F&B
- Strong leadership skills resulting in mentorship and development of sales managers to reaching goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills combined with computer, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze STAR Data
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong decision-making capabilities and strategizing skills.
- Demonstrates creativity in finding solutions to problems.
- Finds the win-win when resolving conflicts.
- Remains calm and acts appropriately when faced with hectic or tense situations.
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to accurately interpret data to create forecasts and budgets.
- Understanding of various market conditions and influencers.
*Candidates with CI/TY experience will have Top Consideration*
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 17001XNY