Marriott Franchised Regional Director of Sales in Kingston, Ontario
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Diamond Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Asa member of the senior management team, the Regional Director of Sales willoversee and support the entire sales effort for all properties within DiamondHotels Management Inc., including Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront. You will work very closely with hotel GeneralManagers and Sales departments in planning, developing and implementingstrategic sales strategies to ensure revenue and room night and catering salesgoals are achieved, sales strategies are set, tactical plans are created andimplemented and that results are monitored, measured and achieved.
Thisposition is identified as an outside sales position (that is) responsible forachieving prospecting and revenue targets, while completing administrativerequirements. You must constantly be maintaining current business whilepursuing new business and actively prospecting to find revenue opportunitiesthat will grow and develop guestroom and catering business for each hotel.Building relationships and gaining repeat clients will be critical tomaximizing revenue long term while achieving personal targets.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Workclosely with Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O), hotel General Managers (GM), andSales teams to plan and develop individual and global strategic sales plansthat drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase REVPAR, increase volume, food& beverage, and banquet sales. Ensuring education of all members of the team to this direction
- Prospect,develop, and maintain key account/market segments through consistent, proactiveand targeted sales initiatives in coordination with hotel s Director of Sales(DOS).
- Developannual budgets and processes, with the hotel teams, ensuring fiscalresponsibility and accountabilities
- Developrelationships and work with key stakeholders within three major hotel brands tounderstand how to leverage best sales training and sales return.
- Overseesales incentive plan development and management for all hotels
- Bean active member in the community by sitting on relevant committees/boards
- Supporthuman resources efforts in recruitment for the sales team, interviewing andselection, creation of job profiles, provide input in the areas of performancemanagement and succession planning.
- Coordinateand attend promotional functions and entertainment for clients as required,working to increase the hotels profile at key industry functions and withinthe community
- Reviewdaily, weekly and monthly reports and sales forecasts to identify and analyzecurrent/potential market and sales trends, identify new market trends and newopportunities and implement strategies to address them through coordinatedactivities
- Throughthe C.O.O. and GM s, oversee the productivity and activity reporting, pace andkey account development strategies for each hotel
- Focusthe sales teams to one vision through synergies exemplified through bestpractices that you will expand upon with co-op activities, regional salesinitiatives, promotions and sales rallies.
- Strategizeand develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotels topotential clients
- Ensurerepresentation and attend trade shows and major market events to promote newbusiness and increase sales opportunities for all hotels
- Ensuremaximum revenues/yields are achieved in the development, maintenance, andeducation of strategic rate pricing and strategic rate selling
- Leadthe sales team in ensuring financial policies and procedures are in place andmanaged and that contractual agreements exist to ensure clarity with the clientand the finance department
- Ensurethat high demand periods are protected and revenue is maximized through use ofvarious revenue management techniques such as reservation windows, length ofevent requirements, discounting practices, and upselling techniques
- Workclosely with Regional Director of Marketing in creative annual planning,monthly and quarterly monitoring and evaluation of sales and marketinginitiatives
- Meetregularly with the C.O.O., GM s and Sales teams to understand and communicatestatus of ongoing sales activities
- Identifyoperational issues that reduce the effectiveness of overall hotel salesperformance and work with appropriate departments on solutions
- Preparemonthly/annual sales reports or as required for C.O.O. and President
The above areas of responsibility are intended to describethe essential nature and level of work to be performed.
They are not all inclusive and may be amended from time totime.
- Effective Communication
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Completion of a 2-year community college diploma in related area or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of proven successful sales record, having specific market segment experience, preferably in a branded hotel environment
- Minimum 3 years successful management experience directing, leading, and motivating a sales team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills while being detail oriented
- Proven experience in preparation and management of annual budgets, thorough understanding of the planning process, segment evaluation, and revenue analysis
- Able to establish rapport with clients quickly to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask while focusing on achievement of revenue and activity goals
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, working with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills Opera and Opera Sales & Catering experience an asset
- Must be able to work general office hours (8:30/9:00am to 4:30/5:00pm) with occasional evenings and weekends
- Self-motivated, decisive, responsible, results driven
- Some travel required
Pleasesend your resume and cover letter to:
DiamondHotels Management Inc.
Diamond HotelsManagement Inc. will make accommodation available to job applicants withdisabilities in the recruitment process. During this process, if an applicant requestsaccommodation, please contact Human Resources at 613-650-5420 and we willconsult with the applicant and arrange for a suitable accommodation that takesinto account the applicant s accessibility needs.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Delta Hotels and Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001A5I