Marriott Franchised Front Office Manager in Koloa, Hawaii
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply online at www.koloalandingresort.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Azul Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Guest Services is a resourceful, solution focused department that analyzes and reinvents processes and procedures as necessary in support of providing service to guests. The department performs a wide variety of customer service and administrative focused tasks.
Front Office Manager coordinates front office activities of the resort and resolves problems arising from guests complaints, reservations, room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries. This position requires exemplary motivational, managerial and customer service skills. When MOD must inspire staff to always put customers needs first and consistently display a professional and friendly attitude. Organizational skills are necessary to prioritize and delegate jobs to maintain smooth daily operations.
- Responsible for controlling aspects of the Front Office operation, including handling expenses, payroll, and cost control systems, ensuring the department is maximizing revenue opportunities and achieving budgeted operating results.
- Should stimulate a friendly, cheerful attitude in his/her conduct with other managers, guests, and fellow associates.
- Answer questions or problems pertaining to guest accommodations and rates; meets with individual guests and owners as needed.
- Facilitate reservations and special requests for other property management companies.
- Provide effective key control and participate in matters relating to guest security.
- Control cash/credit functions through close supervision.
- Control overtime and general labor productivity through good management and immediate response to problems.
- Ensure that all associates are hygienically clean and in clean, complete uniforms.
- Resolve and take appropriate action on any guest/owner complaint or problem to ensure good customer relations and safeguard the resortas interests.
- Respond personally, or by phone, to in-house, departed or potential guests as necessary, including any and all social media related issues.
- Maintain responsibility for guest and associate safety. Execute procedures required for handling fire, bomb threats, guest or associate accidents, unusual occurrences, burglaries, etc.
- Work closely with housekeeping and other departments to properly plan and coordinate housing activities.
- Acts as a liaison for all inter-department communications, requiring excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Is able to effectively interpret financial results in regards to revenues, payroll, and expenses.
- Assist in preparation of the Annual Operations Budget, which will form part of the Business Plan.
- Establish and monitor cost and expense control systems and procedures to achieve budgeted operating results.
- Maximizes revenues through pro-active action rather than re-active.
- Work as a member of the yield team to ensure maximum occupancy is achieved at the highest possible average rate via effective setting and monitoring of rate occupancy controls.
- Assist in revenue management, room inventory control, stay controls and distribution channels as needed.
- Facilitate the Manager on Duty program throughout the hotel and act as a primary MOD.
- Be prepared to advise the Executive Team on all matters relating to the Front Office. Priorities as the General Manager and Director of Operations establishes them shall be completed on a timely basis.
- Attend daily operations meetings and weekly leadership meetings.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image of the resort to achieve objectives.
- Is consistently alert of newer methods, techniques, equipment and material that will improve the efficiently and quality of the departments.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION
- Participate in the hiring process of new associates. Assist with the preparation of Personnel Transaction Forms, performance appraisals, and any Human Resources forms as appropriate.
- Arrange, provide, and supervise training of new associates to include familiarization of property, standard operating procedures, and policies. Cross-train associates in all positions within their area of responsibility and all types of equipment to perform their duties, in addition to successful implementation and follow- up checklists. Ensure that all associates are retrained as needed.
- Serve as a role model to all associates, adhering closely to policies and procedures, practicing the highest standards of performance. Set the highest possible example in conduct, temperament, punctuality, and standards of work.
- Maintain close contact with associates, respecting them as individuals and ensuring good communications leading to high morale in the department. Discuss grievances, suggestions, and complaints with associates. Attempt to resolve problems and recommend appropriate solutions and actions to the General Manager.
- Ensure that all progressive disciplinary action is presented within two days from the point of infractions. The disciplinary action forms shall be completed, as needed with violations defined, requirements for corrective action, and consequences for non-adherence.
- Conduct or participate in monthly departmental meetings. The standard operating procedure for department meetings should be followed accordingly.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits so that he/she can intelligently answer questions of associates he/she supervises and to obtain answers for any question about policies or benefits he/she cannot answer.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist Guest Relations/Receivables as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Must have excellent customer relationsa skills and leadership capability.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 4 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS :Education
Bachelor Degree or equivalent to 5 years supervisory and management experience required.
- 3-5 Years Prior Resort Guest Services Experience
- 3-5 Years Prior Supervisory Experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Licenses or Certificates
- Valid Driver License
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hawaii Resorts Koloa, LLC.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hawaii Resorts a Koloa, LLC, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hawaii Resorts a Koloa, LLC rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotelas facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Requisition ID: 17001Y1S