Marriott Franchised Director of Finance in Manhattan Beach, California
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Westmont Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Our Manhattan Beach hotel has it all: sun, sand and sea. Located in the upscale South Bay area, our luxury hotel sits on 26 beautifully landscaped acres just 3 miles south of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The hotel will be transforming to an Autograph Collection. Autograph Collection is comprised of upper-upscale to luxury independent, with distinctive personality, Exactly like nothing else.
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, CA coming January 2018.
Director of Finance is responsible for the determination of optimum control objectives and for the installation and maintenance of appropriate internal control systems over income, expenditure, assets and liabilities within the hotel. Also, maintains a spirit of responsiveness among all persons and functions supervised, in order to produce a positive and unified approach to the fulfillment of all responsibilities of the position. Assists in the championing, development, and implementation of property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brands target customer and property employees. Provides financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, assists in the creation and execution of a business plan that is aligned with the property and brands business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Assisting in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Assists in identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Thinks creatively and practically to assist in the development, execution and implementation of new business plans
- Assists in the creation of the annual operating budget for the property.
- Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Assists in the implementation of a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company's and brands strategic direction.
- Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating departments actual and projected sales.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
Leading Finance & Accounting Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
- Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
- Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Develops and supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Improves profit growth in operating departments.
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures.
- 3 years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting
- Analytical approach to problems, regard for detail and accuracy
- Assertive personality, professional demeanor
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: CA-Manhattan Beach
Requisition ID: 1700231A