Marriott Franchised Sales Manager Business Travel in Manhattan Beach, California
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Westmont Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Our Manhattan Beach hotel has it all: sun, sand and sea. Located in the upscale South Bay area, our luxury hotel sits on 26 beautifully landscaped acres just 3 miles south of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The hotel will be transforming to an Autograph Collection. Autograph Collection is comprised of upper-upscale to luxury independent, with distinctive personality, Exactly like nothing else.
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, CA coming January 2018.
The Business Travel Sales Manager is a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual responsible for the generation, successful achievement, and future development of significant transient sales volume produced at established levels of profitability. Serving as the strongest, most visible outside ambassador of the Hotel, this position requires exceptional organization and dedication to interpersonal communications to fulfill the numerous responsibilities of client relationships, industry involvement, business strategy, financial accountability, and team leadership.
- Generate, achieve and develop targeted transient sales volume, reflecting budgeted levels of revenue generation and profitability.
- Upsell/negotiate services to maximize revenue and profit.
- Provide exceptional customer service through relationship development, strategizing account development and creating plans that fully exhibit commitment to the fulfillment of customer expectations.
- Sell the Hotel creatively, utilizing a goals/benefits/features approach to securing business.
- Assert comprehensive knowledge and keen awareness of the Hotel primary market, its surrounding areas and resources.
- Assert knowledge and maximization of any Brand programs; sell strategy and brand-specific pricing techniques (as applicable).
- Maintain a working knowledge and awareness of the competition in current and changing conditions; frequently visiting facilities and reporting on the business climate as it relates to competitive advantage.
- Support and implement the specific Transient Sales actions outlined in the Annual Business & Marketing Plans to maintain the corporate direction.
- Aggressively prospect, research and solicit new accounts.
- Identify and develop new transient market opportunities and strategies, aggressively pursuing the appropriate mix and type of business that will best achieve the Hotel sales plan and direction.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Sales records and reports including the Booking database (if applicable), Account files and any forecasted account volume.
- Responsible for the on-line RFP Management processes as applicable to brand or third party source, for securing corporate negotiated Accounts.
- Actively participate in Revenue Strategy meetings with DOS, GM, Revenue Manager and other members of the leadership team.
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions, Hotel staff meetings and client events as required for specific business situation, or as requested by Director of Sales or General Manager.
- Conduct site inspections, escort client visits, actively entertain, and personally interact with customers, as appropriate for transient travel development.
- Promote the Hotel through regular industry involvement and exposure at local and/or national events.
- Liaison with appropriate Brand alliances (as applicable) to promote and generate transient business opportunities through joint sales trips, Familiarization tours, events, etc.
- Promote the City and the Hotel via planned sales calls and occasional sales trips to personally meet with clients outside of immediate area.
- Maintain a high level of professional standards including appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self.
- Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
- Actively support the development, training, mentoring of all associates and accept such responsibilities if assigned by the Director of Sales or General Manager.
- Perform special projects or duties as requested by Director of Sales or General Manager.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and builds long terms mutually beneficial customer relationships to support future revenue growth.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process, regardless of which hotel they sit at.Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Convention Services department for the execution of details. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality and ensures consistent, high level service throughout all phases of hotel events.Ensures products and services sold to the Event Planners meet or exceed their expectations, create loyalty and leads to increased market share.
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Reviews Guest Service Results with leaders.Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Utilizes hotel sales systems to capture and manage customer information on a daily basis.
- applies broad business knowledge and balances both a short- and long-term perspective to generate strategies while leading the organization to achieve them.
- Demonstrates commitment to Westmont Hospitality operating principles and philosophies.
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Addresses conflict in a timely manner.
- Contributes to team results.
- Deals with change effectively.
- Makes decisions, including employees/team and commits to a course of action with available information.
- eliminates insular thinking by fostering a positive climate for work relationships and teams committed to achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
- Treats people fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Works to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other employees or groups.
- Demonstrates business ethics and personal integrity, i.e., is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
- Listens and responds to others.
- Is interested in other views even if they counter own views.
Managing Work Execution
- proactively ensures that others have the accountability, authority and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drive for results.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, etc.).
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands.
- Overcomes obstacles to accomplish challenging objectives.
Follows through on inquiries, requests, and complaints."
"Two years hotel sales or corporate travel management experience.
- Brand experience preferred (as applicable to Hotel).
- Three-year equivalent combination of management education and sales or hospitality industry experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge and keen awareness of the Hotel primary neighborhood, its surrounding areas, and resources.
- Possess excellent selling and closing skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service through the creative development and fulfillment of proposals and Business Agreements.
- Ability to achieve designated sales goal production.
- Ability to research, price, strategically plan and negotiate on the Hotel behalf.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and accomplish timeline objectives.
- Ability to solicit business: identify and develop new leads as well as uncover leads from existing accounts.
- Ability to evaluate business trends and apply/modify strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Ability to develop, support and implement effective Sales Action Plans.
- Skilled in prompt, assertive decision-making and problem-solving.
- Possess excellent reading, writing, verbal communication, and listening skills to effectively communicate with clients, business partners and team members.
- Possess good math skills to cost out business opportunities, upsell and effectively manage financial responsibilities of revenue and profit in the booking process.
- Ability to plan and facilitate personal sales calls, client entertainment, and site visits.
- Ability to network at professional industry events and/or travel on the Hotel behalf.
- Familiar with basic legality and compliance issues of contractual Agreements, as practiced within the hospitality industry.
- Familiar with global distribution systems and general practices of the corporate travel environment including compliance issues, contractual Agreements, etc.
- Skill to use a personal computer with clear proficiency in Windows, all major Microsoft applications including Word and Excel, e-mail, e-data and World-wide Web.
- Adept in learning new software applications, fully participating in a continuously changing technological environment.
- Proficient in use of numerous Brand tools, reporting mechanisms and resources to support the business travel environment.
- Proficient in use of TravelClick Agency360 and Demand 360 platforms to analyze business and develop target plans for growing/maximizing business.
- Knowledge of modern business communication including style and format of professional correspondence, e-mail, memoranda and reports.
- Ability to work with visible self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to develop positive, productive relationships within the office environment as well within the local hospitality community.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: CA-Manhattan Beach
Requisition ID: 17001A73