Marriott Franchised Catering Sales Manager in Mesa, Arizona
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via online at
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Evolution Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As a Catering Sales Manager, youll be primarily responsible for detailing groups and ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing local corporate and social group business. Eligible for quarterly incentive bonus program.
- Key responsibilities of a Catering Sales Manager include:
- Pursuing new and repeat catering business that fits the hotel sales parameters per guidelines established by the Director of Catering and/or Director of Sales
- Handling catering sales for meetings and special events
- Establishing a strong networking presence within the local hotel community
- Developing and engaging in relationship-driven and long term business relationships
- Creating awareness of groups in all internal staff, communicating information with other hotel departments in a timely manner to facilitate efficient purchasing, scheduling and staffing
- Providing personal attention to clients while they are at the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Developing relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, etc.
- Assisting in the development of banquet menus and pricing
- Conducting site inspections with potential clients
- Maintaining accuracy of Catering information in CI/TY
- Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
The ideal Catering Sales Manager candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Catering Sales Manager with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that were looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
- Track record of developing long term relationships
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various cultural social events including, but not limited to weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs and fraternal organization meetings
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of CI/TY experience a plus!
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 170022HH