Marriott Franchised Area Director of Human Resources in Mobile, Alabama
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via online at - http://www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Functions as the property Strategic Human Resource Business Partner. Develops and implements goals and strategies that serve to attract, develop and retain diverse premiere talent which enables the successful implementation of hotel strategies, the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with hotel and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success. As a member of the executive committee develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand target customer and property associates and provide a return on investment to the owner and PCH.
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Masters Degree preferred
- Human Resource Certification Preferred.
- 5-10 years previous Director of Human Resources experience, preferably in Hospitality
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong interviewing and assessment skills
- Strong coaching and development planning skills
- Strong associate relation skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong organization skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a high performing work environmentand maximize the return on talent
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
- Effective change management skills
- Strong knowledge of labor laws
- Knowledge of labor relations
- Knowledge of workforce analysis
- Good training and facilitator skills; knowledge of various training methodologies
- Good event planning skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to Renaissance associate profile and modify business strategies accordingly.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective influence skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong consensus building skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Renaissance Hotels
Requisition ID: 170027N4