Marriott Franchised General Manager in New Orleans, Louisiana
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via online : http://newcastlehotels.com/careers/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, New Castle Hotels, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area, a New Castle Hotels & Resorts property is seeking a General Manager to join their team. With 103 rooms, the all new Fairfield Inn & Suites is located in a historic building in the heart of the French Quarter, combining contemporary style with modern conveniences to make guests feel at home. Our spacious rooms & suites feature stylish decor, floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning city views & HDTVs with premium channels. Guests can enjoy delicious onsite dining from complimentary hot breakfast to delicious appetizers, sandwiches & cocktails at our award-winning restaurant, 346 BLU. The hotel is conveniently located downtown New Orleans and gives guests easy access to sporting events & concerts at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome & Smoothie King Arena as well as popular attractions like Bourbon & Canal Street.
- As General Manager, you are a true Hospitality Professional and have a deep understanding and proven track record of success and operational excellence. You know how to deliver a superior result for the guest, the employees, your community and of course for the ownership via the bottom line. You are THE key executive at your property, with a team looking to you for guidance and, as their leader, you ensure that guests are wowed by a caring, well-trained and highly motivated staff. In this role, you will:
- The Buck Stops at Your Desk oversee all departments - the managers and supervisors as well as the staff all report to you either directly or indirectly. Bottom line is that it is your job to ensure a safe and guest centric environment, as well as a positive employee experience so you need expertise in all phases of hotel management sales & marketing, revenue management, rooms, housekeeping, engineering, food & beverage, human resources, etc.
- Walk the Talk walk your hotel every day, taking key managers with you so they can learn through your eyes and mentorship. Identify and thank departments that deserve kudos as well as those areas that need training, maintenance, or some other improvement. While out, talk to guests and to staff to ensure all is going as it should, actively listening for where you can help / improve the experience. You should know your team and they should know you.
- Be a Finance Guru set the standards, policies and procedures and then keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. Actively manage the budget process. Be proactive vs. simply reactive to ensure your areas are accurately forecasting for optimal staff and supply levels and at the same time maximizing profit, all while delivering an exceptional guest experience.
- Be a Visionary and an Innovator let your passion for the industry and your vision inspire your staff to build a great team of individuals driven to do their best, executing successful and innovative strategies which drive profit to the bottom line.
- Be the Communicator work closely with both the corporate team and your ownership to understand their priorities and expectations so you can share their vision with your team.
Be Manager on Duty.
- This role requires at least 3 years of progressive experience in senior hotel management roles in a Marriott hotel, with prior GM experience strongly preferred. A 4-5-year college degree in Hospitality or Business Management preferred together with experience in hotel operations & a strong background in sales and a keen understanding of human resource requirements. GM candidate must have the ability to deliver profitable revenues, as well as proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to deal with difficult people politely but effectively. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, hotel management and ownership and franchise representatives and be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately. This job requires light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently - with a regular need to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Long hours, many of which may be spent standing or walking, often required. This role will require the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach, while working under variable temperatures and noise levels, both outdoors and indoors, and around chemicals, fumes, odor hazards, dust and mite hazards.
Applications can be made on our website at www.newcastlehotels.com
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Property Leadership
Organization: Fairfield Inn & Suites
Location: LA-New Orleans
Requisition ID: 170027O2