Marriott Crew in Osaka, Japan
Moxy is a fun, vibrant and stylish hotel designed to give our Fun Hunters everything they want and nothing they don t, all at an affordable price.
Unlike any other brand in its tier, Moxy is all about creating cool, energetic, communal spaces with a Crew who helps guests have some fun. Being a Moxy Crew Member means more than just hooking guests up with extra towels. We re looking for people who: Love doing it all; Always think outside the box; Enjoy chatting it up with guests; Live in the now and know what s next; and Have high energy and a fearless do-it-yourself attitude.
If you re someone who is thoughtful, spirited and loves serving up huge doses of fun, then take a look at our jobs and see if anything catches your eye.
Moxy Crew MembersLIVE IN THE NOW. They arePERSONALLY ENGAGEDin the brand, and have the knowledge and expertise to bring it to life. They are thoughtful, spirited, and fun individuals who let their Moxy shine wherever they are. They create the unique environment that Moxy is all about. They arePASSIONATE ABOUT THE BRANDand resonate with the target guest. At their core, the Moxy Crew Member is theULTIMATE DO-IT-YOURSELFER. They understand what it means to be everything for everyone and enjoy that task. They are over-achiever s that never say no . They
pride themselves on breaking the mold andTHINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX. They like being the center of attention they areNATURALLY FUNto be around and enjoy inter acting with others.
A Crew Member has to be willing to jump in and do almost anything on property. Moxy guests expect a lot from their hotel stay, and Crew Members need to use their resources to deliver on those expectations. The Crew Member s job is to be a Moxy ambassador, who guests and fellow Crew Members alike can call on to get anything and everything done seamlessly. They have toPLAY MULTIPLE ROLESfrom front desk attendant, to greeter, to bar tender, and everything in between. Plus, they areEXPERTS IN SOCIAL MEDIA; Moxy guests are never far from their devices and Crew
Members should keep their s close at hand too; Crew Members are welcome to post witty and playful content on Moxy s Instagram - #atthemoxy. If there s ever anything a Crew Member is unsure of, he or she can easily jump on the inter net to figure it out. Moxy Crew Members use the information and tools they have reports, policies and procedures, systems, etc . to ensure all the basics are in order. They keep the hotel safe and well-functioning in a way that never interferes with the guest experience Crew Members effortlessly move back and forth between helping their hotel achieve its business goals and helping guests achieve their own.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g., Saflok) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Ask for and enter Marriott Rewards information (e.g., number, name, address) when taking reservation or checking guest in.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Clear departures in computer system to document that rooms are no longer occupied.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Run credit card authorization report and check for discrepancies.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/residents/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
Greeting and Seating
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly (e.g., last call times).
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit (CO2 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.), tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
- Document and communicate any incidents/accidents immediately to management and Loss Prevention during shift or event.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Requisition all necessary supplies, specifically bottle-for-bottle liquor restock, transporting supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area as required.
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time, and ensuring proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Diversity Relations
- English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Safety Orientation
- Liquor Regulations
- Beverage Knowledge
- Drink Preparation
- Physical Strength
- Proper Lifting Techniques
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experience
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Moxy Hotels
Requisition ID: 170014Z8