Marriott Catering and Group Specialist in Qatar, Qatar
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- Responsible for reactively selling groups & events.
- Build strong relationships with clients and ensure opportunities for repeat business.
- To ensure knowledge and understanding of Opera Sales & Catering and PMS and keeping up with any updates in the system.
- Ensure proposals meet the criteria following booking rules, pattern and pricing.
- Utilize the standard template for proposals; ensure sales process follows the handling guidelines. Timeline for response back to clients is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
- Responsible for documenting Contracts/Agreements for all Events booked, following processes and procedures. Maintaining files with all required information and/or documentation pre/post events (initial request, proposal, relevant information, signed contract, BEO s, vouchers, etc.).
- Identify operational limitations and deliver according to what was promised; manage/supervise effectively the operation of events.
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
- Prepared to work as per required function schedule in order to welcome clients prior their meeting and to meet them during their Dinner function. Weekend work as per rotation schedule or demand.
- Data integrity of all business blocks information.
- Monitoring and managing room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
- Accurately forecast group rooms and group food and beverage revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business.
- Introduce and recommend house vendors as preferred vendors as determined with the revenue goal of the hotel.
- Generate VIP, transportation and amenity forms as required.
- Attend relevant trainings
- Assists the Director, Asst. Director and Managers of Group & Event Sales Team in any administrative tasks where possible including but not limited to creation of proposals, contracts, BEOs, Group Resumes, licenses, rooming lists, etc.)
Responsible to ensure accurate information to be distributed to Operations Team. Responsible to ensure BEO s & Group Resumes are issued and distributed in a timely fashion including procedures for Last Minute Events
- Delivers site inspections in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department & brand
- Constantly strives toward continuing professional growth and development of self
- Attend daily events briefing providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries
- Attend weekly Sales/BEO and Group Summary meetings
- To participate in departmental and Marriott International courses as required
- To provide all requested credit information to credit manager including timely communication to client of credit policy, receipt of signed contract and deposit
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001UAC