Marriott Catering and Groups Coordinator in Qatar, Qatar
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- To develop a good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems and adhere to EAME standards in order to be able to assist the team.
- Answer all incoming calls in a friendly and efficient manner. Provide guests with the requested information concerning the city and the hotel and its services.
- Answer questions concerning bookings for employees of other departments.
- File daily correspondence for the team.
- Assist the Groups & Catering Team in any administrative tasks where possible including but not limited to creation of proposals, contracts, BEOs, Group Resumes, licenses and any preparation of reports
- Verify billing details and ensure all deposits (if required) are received.
- Complete distribution as per hotels standards every day and share this with the operational departments
- Create and complete payment instructions on all paymasters
- Communicate changes to all operational departments to allow for accurate staffing
- The duties include responding to incoming calls and walk-in guests.
- Provide general wedding and in-house events information to inquire.
- Follow up with vendors.
- Booking of Internal events in Opera and issue of BEOs
- Rooming list upload for group bookings
- Assist with Opera activities and tracking sheets
- Administrative tasks to keep collateral up to date
- Summit stationary orders
- Arrange courier bookings for the team
- Manage departmental rota and holiday schedule
- To provide all requested credit information to credit manager including timely communication to client of credit policy, receipt of any deposits
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- To participate in departmental and Marriott International courses as required
- Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department and following the EAME guidelines
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with operational departments
- Must demonstrate an awareness of the importance of body language in communication and interaction with others
- Take part in special projects as directed by the Director of Catering
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001UAF