Marriott Franchised Sales Office Administrator-Full Time in Scotland, United Kingdom
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Sales OfficeAdministrator Job Description
The Glasshouse isrecruiting for a Sales Office Administrator at their 5* city centre property inthe heart of Edinburgh. The property is owned and managed by YTL Hotels,franchised with Marriott via their Autograph Collection of hotels. TheGlasshouse offers 77 unique rooms & suites, a full service restaurant, anexclusive two-acre roof garden, plus up to 5 meeting spaces offering meetingand events for up to 110 people.
Department :Sales & Marketing
Reports to :Dir. of Business Development
Location : Edinburgh City Centre
Job Scope: To assist in the day to day function of TheGlasshouse Sales Office, covering reservations, groups, events, sales andmarketing. The role will consist of logging enquiries and bookings, contracts,accounts and any additional support deemed necessary.
* Key Internal Relationships *
* Key External Relationships *
Key corporate clients
Dir. Bus Development
Local press and media
Front of House
Customer decision makers
Reservations, Events & Sales
Local business influencers
Marriot Sales Teams local, national and global
Business travel managers
Local franchisee sales members
- Providing support to our key revenue generating departments, assisting in the following primary areas:
- Responding to enquiries face to face, email and telephone
- Drafting proposals, contracts and function/group arrival documents
- Processing payments and providing invoicing
- Inputting of bookings, groups and events on the specified systems
- Liaising with external suppliers, where required
- Support on client site visits where required
- Be able to generate new and repeat business for the hotel in the required products
- Attendance of the weekly Operations Meeting
- Assist with a range of audits across hotel systems, websites and 3rd parties
- Actively engage with the remainder of the Sales Office in generating new ideas for business, whether new products, conversion or enhancing revenue from existing areas
- Assist Sales Manager in prospecting new business through sales calls, site inspections networking and attending trade shows
- Assist the Dir. BD with regular, monthly reporting; including (but not limited to) forecasts, conversion and production
- Recognise and act upon any opportunities to cross-sell the Glasshouse accommodations and all other YTL properties
- Assist in the updating of MARSHA, covering hotel inventory and restrictions
- Maintain knowledge of current market trends and communicate this information during monthly sales meetings
- To use Marriott & Hotel systems to analyse revenue performance
- Up to date knowledge of the competition to aid decisions on prices and offers
- Maintain effective communication across departments and within the department and ensure that all staff are kept well informed of day-to-day business/results and any departmental issues
- Attend as required any department training sessions and/or meetings
- Be able to stand in for other team members where required
- Support with marketing/PR activities
- Support Dir. BD with financial reviews preparation
- Assist with processing incoming external and guest calls, in times when the main reception is busy
- Achieving rooms, meetings, food and beverage revenue targets
- Events, reservations and sales systems and procedures are implemented to agreed standards
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desired behaviours that we expect all employees to display
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge through ongoing training
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints cultures and countries
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests, understand and anticipate guestas needs and take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Previous hotel and administrative experience, whether in a junior sales, event, reservations or receptionist role
- Strong presentational and influencing skills
- Able to ensure that visions and strategies are translated into specific deliverables in order to get results. Planning and prioritising skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Marriott systems and Opera is a definite advantage
All staff must beconversant with the safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures and toadhere to them. They must understand their H&S responsibilities. They musttake reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety, and that of anyoneelse who may be affected by their actions. Any accident, hazard,incident, event or issue is to be reported to supervisor/manager for recordingand for investigation thus permitting further control measures to beimplemented. Any safety issues that cannot be dealt with are referred to asenior manager for action. Ensure that they and any of their staff are trainedin their working activities and informed of health and safety procedures toensure competency. Any identified training is duly completed. They shouldinform their manager/supervisor of any event / activity which they are nottrained to deal with. When the fire alarm goes, you have some responsibility tohelp others in the area you are working.
Direct people to comewith you as you leave by the nearest exit and ensure that they and others moveaway from the building.
In line with the Asylum& Immigration Act 1996, applicants must be eligible to live and work in theUK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be requiredfrom all candidates. Due to the nature of this role we are only acceptingapplicants who are able to work unrestricted.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Requisition ID: 17001Y3T