Marriott Franchised General Manager in Sterling, Virginia
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, A. Altman Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for coordination of maintenance operations. Major duties include: basic repair work, painting, wall covering, plumbing, electrical work, pool operations, preventative maintenance, and indoor & outdoor grounds upkeep.
- Educate appropriate staff on basic maintenance procedures to maintain high quality guest service.
- Inspect guest rooms.
- Maintain the hotel grounds and building exteriors on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
- Maintain the interior of the hotel, including painting, cleaning aesthetic repairs, etc.
- Develop and maintain Maintenance Department programs to assure that the quality criteria are met.
- Oversee and maintain proper chemical levels in pool and spa areas in accordance with local health codes.
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance on laundry equipment, heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, lawn equipment, exercise equipment and plumbing are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guests complaints concerning the Maintenance Department.
- Educate department personnel on emergency procedures and safety precautions.
- Evaluate vendors and selects vendors that are reliable and provide good value for their price.
- Monitor work performed by outside vendors to insure compliance of safety and local ordinances.
- Assists outside vendors on how to integrate their services and projects with the physical layout of the hotel.
- Maintain key control files and logs.
- Maintain a work order assignment board and track completed/pending work orders. Follow-up on all incomplete work orders to inform the requesting guest or department of the status of their work order.
- Ensure all maintenance and repairs are completed on a timely, cost effective basis and according to all specifications.
- Communicate changes in room status to the front desk.
- Establish and maintain preventative maintenance program in accordance with quality assurance standards, to include all records and warranty tracking.
- Participates in the preparation on the maintenance budget, codes invoices, seeks out cost-reduction methods while ensuring no impact to guests perception of the hotel.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Engineering and Facilities
Organization: Fairfield Inn & Suites
Requisition ID: 170027NO