Marriott Front Office Intern in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Ensure our guests are provided with proficient, professional service through meeting and exceeding the guest's expectations. Maintain a warm and friendly atmosphere for both internal and external customers.
- Attend all rostered shifts including morning, afternoon, night and weekend shift.
- Attend all training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Read all communication material and attend shift briefing at the commencement of each shift.
- Check-in & check-out individual guest and groups.
- Proficient handling Hotel reservations system, cashiering
- Provide wakeup call service for in house guests.
- Control and track all guest amenities.
- Provide the concierge function on a number of occasions.
- Take any guest requests and dispatch them
- Resolve any problems for unsatisfied guests.
- Upsell the hotels assets ensuring that the guests are aware of the locations of our outlets.
- Take In-Room Dining orders and provide suggestions while trying to upsell.
- Correctly complete end of shift Micros cashiering from in room dinning and have it witnessed by shift leader and drop in safe (if required).
- Report any operational problems to the Shift leader.
- Continually demonstrate professional etiquette in line with the Westin standards.
- Show a sense of urgency in delivering the best service possible.
- Deliver exceptional service to both the internal and external customer
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, Micros and all Front Office Software.
The above key areas,responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe theprincipal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed asdetailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Must be able to speak, read, writeand understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Meet grooming standards of the hotelas set out in the Associate Handbook.
Proactiveindividual who is a natural in influencing and convincing others.
Must beable to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Requires good communication skills,both verbal and written.
Must possess basic computer skills.
Knowledge of the principles andpractices within the Rooms.
Be pro-active in your approach tothe job and work within the specific standards and procedures.
Work in a safe manner and abide byOccupational Health & Safety legislation and the hotel s policies inregards to accident and incident reporting procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170027QI