Marriott Spa Therapist in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Handling all massages as per Marriott standards. Maintain and keep massage area clean at all times.
Minimum 2 years of experience in spa & hospitality industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Passion to work with people
- Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure at times
- Ability to be versatile
- Must be able to work as scheduled and flexible hours as shift extending may exist at end of shift based on business demands
- Well presented
- Clear speech
- Good general health
- Self-motivated - able to work on their own
Education or Certification
Min. 21 years of age
To have worked as therapist before. Preferably in a recognized Spa.
Certified Massage therapist
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and preparation of the massage area and all equipment s to be used in the daily operation (see Spa and Massage Daily Operating Procedures ).
- To liaise with the Spa & Recreation Manager/supervisor to ensure that all Spa areas including Pools, Steam and Sauna facilities are clean and well maintained.
- To report to the Spa & Recreation Manager/supervisor any faults, defects or maintenance requirements within the Spa areas.
- To welcome prospective members in a professional and courteous manner, providing them with a full explanation of the therapeutic health services that are available and to promote and sell memberships.
- To coordinate with the Gym Instructors in the application of Therapeutic Health treatments and programs for guests and Club members according to demand and at the requests of the Spa & Recreation Manager following the guidelines laid down in the Gymnasium Daily Operating Procedures .
- To be responsible in the event of staff sickness, emergency etc. to carry out cleaning duties in any part of the Health Club or Swimming Pool area as requested by the Spa & Recreation Manager/Supervisor.
- To attend all Spa & Recreation staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled by the Recreation Manager.
- To be trained and conversant in all health and safety, fire training and first aid procedures as provided in the Marriott Induction Program.
- To be responsible for the control and handling of all telephone enquiries in a professional and competent manner according to the Reception Daily Operating Procedures .
- To be responsible for the control of the Club and ensure that un-authorized persons are not permitted to enter and use the facilities unless they are a Hotel guest or Club member.
- To be able to do receptionist duties.
- To be aware of Health and safety regulations
- Keep massage room clean and well maintained. Repost any defect to management.
- Keep record and maintain massage products to adequate stock levels.
- Any other relevant task
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001GS0