Marriott Revenue Manager in Chennai, India
Job Number 180015G5
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Fairfield by Marriott Sriperumbudur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott allows guests to travel with confidence by giving them just what they need at an exceptional value. As a member of our team you'll deliver outstanding service so travel is easy, comfortable and productive for our guests. Find Your World™ at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.
Responsible for the analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory in a given market or cluster. Position prepares forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections and analyzes the progress of each. Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Extracts and analyzes data in order to draw viable/actionable business conclusions.
• Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space – three-month and six month, long range and budget.
• Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
• Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space.
Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
• Understands and accurately represents individual property needs.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue analysis processes.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
• Prepares sales strategy critique.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.