Marriott Chef De Partie - Garde Manger in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Number 18002LZZ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Kitchen Department manages all aspects of the food production including hygiene and safety. It also ensures that guests are provided with an excellent and bespoke culinary experience.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
· Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
· Assess quality control and adhere to service standards
· Support the control of food cost
· Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service
· Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim
· Seek own solutions to obstacles that occur from time to time
· To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
· Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise
· Support of Departmental objectives
· Diligence in prevention of wastage
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
· Ability to create recipes and support material, i.e., recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures, and to read and visualize same.
To move into this position you should have
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in 5 * hotel (Cold Kitchen Sections).
· Excellent culinary catering talent
· Good knowledge and understanding of the kitchen and its operations
· Must have worked within a busy operation environment with a large brigade of chefs with multi-culture environment
· Good interaction skills with guest
· Possess good communication skills, be enthusiastic and organized
· Certificate of Achievement with new style / modern buffet
· HACCP/ Food & Hygiene Training certification
· Key requirements: Innovated, excellent multi cuisine menu planning, computer skills
· Team worker with a great attitude to work under pressure
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.