Marriott Fitness Instructor in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Number 18002LZQ
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina , ideally located alongside Dubai’s largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic decor are subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
Club Mina Gym features a wide variety of cardio machines as well as a hydraulic resistance circuit-training area. Our team of professional personal trainers are on hand to assist with any fitness requirement for all levels. The gym comes fitted with steam rooms, sauna and plunge pools for the adventurous. Depending on the season activities range from indoors to the beautiful outdoor spaces available on site.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the work place and immediately report to the Health Club Supervisors
· To help control operating costs within the department.
· To check all areas on a daily basis. To make sure that it is safe, clean and fit for guests’ use
· To attend daily Health Club briefings
· To be fully aware of and work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan for your department.
· Ensure all opening up and closing procedures are adhered to daily, in order to offer a smooth efficient service.
· Carryout a full check on Studio and Gym equipment’s on a daily basis, complete the appropriate checklist and advise your problems relating to the equipment.
· Ensure all areas are clean and all equipment’s are in fully safe working order.
· Ensure all the guests sign the Gym Register sheet prior to using any of the equipment’s.
· Ensure high level of cleanliness is maintained by carry out cleaning duties when and where required.
· Ensure that sale products are fully stocked report to reception if replenishment is required on a weekly basis.
· Ensure all the guests are familiar with the equipment use by giving them proper guidance.
· Ensure all customers involved in fitness activities are regularly monitored and their progress is evaluated towards agreed targets.
· Induct and supervise customers in the correct use of Gym equipment
· Assist the Health Club Team in promoting the club to the potential members, show rounds when required.
· Design fitness programs according to individual needs and goals, providing encouragement and motivation.
To move into this position you should have
· Previous experience as a qualified Fitness Instructor (1-2 years minimum)
· Previous experience conducting fitness class s session
· Ability to step in and conduct sporty activity, children fitness programs
· REPS registered is an advantage
· First Aid Qualified is an advantage
· Specialized fitness area is added value and an advantage (i.e. Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Spinning, Endurance or Cycling etc.)
· Must be competent PC user
· Requires basic knowledge of Word and PowerPoint to assist with programs
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.