Marriott Lobby Hostess - WI in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Number 18002M08
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Front Office Department is responsible in ensuring that guests are provided with an excellent welcoming service as well as making sure that guests will have a smooth check-in, uncompromising stay, and check out experience. This department will also help in up selling of rooms and gives an inside of the best places to visit in town.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· To report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well-groomed and dressed to the uniform standard.
· To treat all guests and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times. To give your full cooperation to all guests, and assist in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
· To conduct a daily briefing with the Guest Services team prior to each shift, emphasizing on the current occupancy, hotel activities, special promotions, VIP guests, etc.
· To welcome and greet all guests entering the hotel.
· To do in room Check in for the VIP’s
· To assist and provide information, direct/escort to their desired locations within the hotel.
· To welcome and provide a welcome drink to all arriving guests.
· To bid farewell to all departing guests.
· Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact
To move into this position you should have
· Tenure in current position minimum one year
· Hospitality Graduate or equivalent qualification preferably with hospitality work background.
· Knowledge of property PMS Opera highly preferred
· Attention to details
· Good English command in speaking and writing, Arabic/ German/ Russian preferred
· Friendly & outgoing personality, well presented & groomed, good manners.
· Strong Organizational skills
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
· Able to work flexible hours
· Ability to stand for long hours
· Strong knowledge about local area
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.