Marriott Sous Chef (Pastry) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Number 18000LPJ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Maintain standard of foodquality and production. Train, Motivate and supervise kitchen brigade.Control food costs and coordinate the food service operation in line withdemand. In achieving the above the Sous Chef liaises very closely with theBusiness Unit Managers.
TheSous Chef will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe andefficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures,ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
1) Maintain kitchen hygiene and safe food storage and rotation.
2) Co-ordination of all aspects of the departments operation to ensure that the services of the Department are delivered to guests or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectations and in accordance with St.Regis standards and procedures.
3) Responsible for the day to day management of associate working in the Department.
4) Align management style, working practices and conduct with St.Regis Vision, Corporate Values and policies. To comply with St.Regis Code of Conduct at all times.
5) Analyze and respond to guest feedback, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction information; and give a positive commitment to continuous improvement of product and performance.
6) Monitor all Kitchen equipment to ensure safe and functional operation and report faults to Engineering
7) Complete daily Stores Requisitions
8) Liaise with other Chefs to streamline operations.
9) Supervise daily food preparation and service requirement.
10) Liaise with outlet Managers re: business levels, VIP’s, special requirements.
11) Conduct daily briefings and weekly associate meetings, counselling and discipline. Conduct associate appraisals annually (minimum), and analyses training needs for current positions and future promotions.
12) Attend Sous Chef meetings and represent the Department at other meetings as required.
13) Coordinate service between F.O.H and B.O.H.
14) Provide advice and recommendations on menu development, food availability trends, market prices, food preparation, methods and cuisine.
15) Provide training in food skills and knowledge to F.O.H associate.
16) Responsibility for effective recruitment, training and development, certification, performance evaluation, turnover reduction and optimization of productivity through efficient work practices and associate rostering.
17) Supervise the job tasks and quality of Kitchen Stewards work.
18) Completely understand, implement and ensure adherence to Award provisions, and St.Regis policies.
19) Develop and implement strategies to minimize absenteeism and to manage occupational health & safety issues.
20) Be well versed and knowledgeable of St.Regis Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
21) Uphold the Starwood Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
22) Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related St.Regis and Starwood Policies.
23) Assist the Chef in the performance of his/her role.
24) Undertake any additional duties as requested by Executive Chef or Hotel Management.
25) Follow food safety program
26) Ensure achieve 90.00% above Food Safety Hygiene audit by Emcorp
Experience in Hotel Management Software and MC System or Birch Street Software
Mature leader, Confident, Hands on Person and Do the Right Things
Very Good Motivation.
Team Leader and Team Player
Good Written and Verbal English.
Hospitality Culinary Certificate
Hospitality Culinary Diploma
Hospitality Culinary Degrees
Oversea Working Experience
International Achievement Award
Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 5 years’ experience as Sous Chef in a 5 star International Hotel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.