Marriott Asstant Manager - Operations F&B (HtlOps) in Los Angeles, California
Job Number 18002KVY
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, Los Angeles, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Assists with supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. Marriott International considers foremployment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent withapplicable federal, state and local law.