Marriott Restaurant & Bar Manager - Maternity Leave in Montreal, Canada
Job Number 18000Y7G
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Delta Hotels Montreal, Montreal, Quebec VIEW ON MAP
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
As a Restaurant Manager, the candidate will manage all restaurant operations, marketing strategies and staff (supervisors and associates) on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include Breakfast Restaurant L’Arôma, Bar Lounge Le Cordial and Room Service. As a department head, the candidate will work in collaboration with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all restaurant operations and achieve short and long-term goals. The candidate will strive to continually improve guests and employees satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in areas of responsibility. The leader will also be responsible for creating the Restaurant images that is vibrant, casual and comfortable and following/improving the yearly schedule of events while activating the marketing initiatives.
Education and Experience
• Hotel Management Diploma or equivalence; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• University diploma in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• Acknowledge in system Micros (an asset).
• Food hygiene and safety complete (MAPAQ).
• Perfectly Bilingual (French, English).
Skills and Knowledge
• Customer and - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
• Applied Business Knowledge - Understanding market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of the company’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Estimate liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Facilitates pre-meal briefings with the Chef and Restaurant Managers to educate restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Oversees the booking and manages service of restaurant parties, special events.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals.
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Acts as the guest service role model, sets a good example of excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control procedures are followed by all Restaurant, Bar/Lounge and Room Service employees.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures staff understands all applicable liquor laws.
• Establishes guidelines for customer service so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and handles complaints.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report supervisors.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Informs and/or update the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Please note that this is a 13-month temporary contact (Maternity Leave).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal takes seriously its obligations under the applicableprovincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicantsneeding assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to thisjob posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227or email CanadaApplication.Accommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request.Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals whowould like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruitingprocess.