Marriott Director of Services - Housekeeping in Naples, Florida
Job Number 180012B5
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, Marco Island, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Manages housekeeping functions and staff to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guestrooms, public space and employee areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
• Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including rooms, public areas, employee work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas, garage and grounds.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning supplies.
• Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Keeps the Housekeeping team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
• Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.