Marriott Mgr-Eng-Mechanical&Electrical in Nashville, Tennessee
Job Number 1800280M
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Nashville, Tennessee VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Plans, directs and leads Mechanical Engineering staff in the maintenance, improvement and repair of all mechanical equipment and electrical controls. Manages a safe and efficient operation for all guests and employees.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering; 3 years' experience mechanical facilities maintenance, operations management, or related professional area.
• 2-year graduate degree in Engineering; 2 years' experience mechanical facilities maintenance, operations management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Mechanical Operations
• Manages the cogeneration, energy management and mechanical systems to maximize utility savings.
• Assists with the administration of the departmental budget.
• Monitors work orders and preventative maintenance to ensure that work is properly complete and reported.
• Performs routine inspections and ensure that preventative maintenance programs are carried out.
Leading Electrical Engineering Team
• Monitors the performance of the Mechanical Engineering staff.
• Prepares weekly employee schedules and project schedules.
• Develops and implements training for the Mechanical Engineering staff.
• Verifies that all staff members can properly operate area related systems.
• Verifies that the Mechanical Engineering staff is in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and safety precautions.
• Serves as the Manager on Duty (MOD) for the entire Engineering division.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.