Marriott Account Executive, Mid Market, Tri-State Area in New York, Connecticut
Job Number 18001C5L
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location , New York, New York VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Provides total account management support for 25-35 mid-sized corporate accounts in the Mid-Market segment in the assigned area. Applies the principles of strategic account management and partners with stakeholders on the Enterprise Sales Team (e.g., Sales and Marketing Planning & Support, Vice President Sales, Mid-Market segment) to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts. Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for propertiess. Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient, group, extended stay business, and catering sales revenue. Facilitates group opportunities and special corporate pricing for outbound hotels at the request of the customer.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Provides total account management support for 25-35 mid-sized corporate accounts in the Mid-Market segment in the assigned area.
• Develops and implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts.
• Executes sales strategy to achieve goals of local market hotels while growing revenues for Marriott outside their market.
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
• Penetrates assigned accounts for group, transient, extended stay and catering sales business.
• Identifies and solicits new accounts in coordination with the Sales and Marketing Planning & Support team.
• Facilitates business transient pricing in partnership with the Corporate Business Travel team for assigned accounts for requested hotels within/out of Sales Transformation launch organization as appropriate.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans . Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels, as required.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data in SFAWeb|CI and in Strategic Account Plan and Profile (SAPP).
• Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Market leadership.
• Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc).
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc.), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Applies the principles of strategic account management and partners with stakeholders on the Enterprise Sales Team (e.g., Sales and Marketing Planning & Support, Vice President Sales, Mid-Market segment) to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts.
• Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient, group, extended stay business, and catering sales revenue.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Maintains current business relationships for new business within accounts.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Collaborates and engages third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
• Resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of property leadership, as appropriate.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by establishing that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, Familiarization (FAM) trips, trade shows, etc.
• Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts. Acts as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities. Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within in assigned accounts and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., Sales and Marketing Planning and Support, Area Sales Leaders etc.).
• Leverages appropriate corporate (e.g., Sales & Marketing Planning and Support) and market resources (e.g., area leadership, group sales leadership within the sales office, property leadership) to establish account saturation , pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Partners with Enterprise Sales Team (EST) stakeholders, as required, to identify sales strategies for potential new accounts.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the hotel level.
• Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for propertiess.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.