Marriott Sr. Manager-Operations Rooms - Delta Thunder Bay in Thunder Bay, Ontario
Job Number 18001550
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location , Thunder Bay, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g.,Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance,Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Room Operations Team
• Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping) and manages staff.
• Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developis action plans to attack needed areas and expand on strengths.
• Sets clear expectations, with the General Manager, for the team.
• Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Schedules the team against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Monitors compliance with standards and procedures.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Verifies all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Performs required annual Quality audit with General Manager (GM) & Regional Director (RD).
• Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants : Canada Regional Office takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.